Click Here to show your support for West Virginia Public Broadcasting, an indispensable resource in education, news and public safety.
Here are six reasons to join the 10,000+ supporters of West Virginia Public Broadcasting:
1. We provide educational videos and curricula through our free website, West Virginia LearningMedia, that teach children about West Virginia history and inspire them to consider new careers, especially in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math.)
2. We instruct teachers, parents, and other caregivers how to use educational programming through the Ready to Learn service and West Virginia LearningMedia.
More than 4,000 teachers, educators and parents have registered for our free website, West Virginia LearningMedia. They rate us 8 out of 10 in customer satisfaction.
4. We provide media programs and services to the W.Va. Department of Education and others to promote our shared educational mission.
We provide video livestreaming services to educational events, including the state Education Summit, Arts Alive, and the West Virginia Quiz Bowl. We also provide a paid, public media internship program with West Virginia State University for two minority students per year.
5. We operate a network of 16 radio and 11 television towers and our website, wvpublic.org, reaching all corners of West Virginia to provide free educational programming.
We serve more than 350,000 viewers and 100,000 listeners annually. Almost 1 million unique visitors per year visit wvpublic.org.
6. We provide emergency live broadcasts during state emergencies and maintain a crucial broadcast link to the state Capitol complex from our headquarters.
WVPB helped install a fiber connection to allow video from the state Capitol complex to come to our headquarters more than a mile away, and then via satellite to anyone with a receiver. This allows easier video access to the state Legislature, Governor’s press conferences, and emergency facilities inside the Capitol complex.