There’s a new focus on hunger at the West Virginia Legislature. We'll hear about the newly formed Hunger Caucus, and host Suzanne Higgins sits down with the Speaker of the House of Delegates, Roger Hanshaw, R-Clay.
Highlights from the interview with House Speaker Hanshaw:
- Hunger issues in West Virginia
- Expanding workforce and job growth
- Reducing occupational licensing
- HB 4001 – West Virginia Impact Fund
- Expanding last year’s tuition assistance bill to four-year institutions (2019’s SB 1)
- Thoughts on Climate Change
- House Resolution 3 – amending the Rules of the House of Delegates, relating to remarks by members
It was Hunger Free West Virginia Day at the Capitol. Randy Yohe brings us the story.
Host Suzanne Higgins also sits down with Reporter Emily Allen and Senior Reporter Dave Mistich to discuss the latest from the statehouse.
Tomorrow on The Legislature Today, the House Finance Vice-Chair and Minority Chair join us for a discussion on the budget.