SNAP Clients Who Lost Food, Can Apply for More Food Stamps

Jul 1, 2016

SNAP clients who lost food in the last week’s flood are getting help.

Credit Philrj / wikimedia commons

Anyone in flood affected areas who lost food that was purchased with food stamps can get replacement benefits. The request for replacement food stamps must be made by Tuesday July 22nd.

The West Virginia Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program provides monthly benefits to help eligible households purchase food. SNAP befits cannot be used for household items, grooming products, tobacco, alcohol products or pet food.

Participants may be eligible for up to one month’s worth of food stamp replacements. They’re asked to call 1-877-716-1212 and report the loss.