We're potentially just one vote away from having a budget sent to Gov. Jim Justice. It's been a week of early mornings, late evenings and the passage and failure of some notable legislation – and a call for a special session. We’ll bring you the latest in our weekly reporter roundtable.
Brad McElhinny of WV MetroNews and Jake Zuckerman of the Charleston Gazette-Mail join host Suzanne Higgins to discuss the week’s action. Here are highlights from the interview:
- We outline the current look of the Budget Bill (HB 2020)
- Pay raises for teachers?
- Monies for both higher and public education?
- Monies for secondary roads – Special Road Repair Fund?
- Tax cuts?
- Surplus monies
- Jim’s Dream
- Criminal justice legislation
- Resolutions in the House to remove Del. Mike Caputo, D-Marion, from the House of Delegates and another to censure him for the remainder of the session – both resolutions were tabled
- HB 2010 – overhaul of foster care system – passed in the Senate
- Final Hours of the 2019 West Virginia Legislative session
On Saturday evening, Mar. 8, 2019, we’ll bring you a live broadcast from the Capitol, beginning at 8:00 p.m. and ending at midnight when the gavel falls on the 84th West Virginia Legislature.