SB 451 – comprehensive education reform – is now back in the Senate, and the chamber is expected next week to consider the massive bill as amended by the House of Delegates. In this reporter roundtable, host Suzanne Higgins speaks with fellow statehouse reporters on the evolution of SB 451, and we explore other issues moving through the legislative process.
Statehouse reporters Brad McElhinny of WV MetroNews, Taylor Stuck from The Herald-Dispatch of Huntington, and Jake Zuckerman of the Charleston Gazette-Mail join us for this week’s reporter roundtable.
Here are highlights from the interview:
- Latest on SB 451
- Legislation related to substance use disorder issues
- Overview of a bill that provides banking services for medical cannabis
- Where is SB 1? – community and technical college assistance bill
- Where is HB 2010? – transitioning foster care to a managed care model
- Where is HB 2005? – Broadband Expansion Act of 2019
- Latest on the campus carry bill
- Debate in the House over LGBTQ related issues and legislation
- Only 20 days left in this regular state Legislative session