It’s Friday, and that means we look back at a week of West Virginia Legislative action. We’ve also officially reached the half-way mark of the 2020 session. Host Suzanne Higgins is joined by statehouse reporters Phil Kabler of The Charleston Gazette-Mail, Emily Allen of West Virginia Public Broadcasting, and Steven Allen Adams of Ogden Newspapers.
Highlights from the roundtable:
- Recap of West Virginia Press Association’s Legislative Breakfast
- Latest on a resolution that would repeal the Business and Inventory Tax
- HB 4543 – related to insurance coverage for diabetics
- SB 138 – incentives for the consolidation of local governments
- Latest on foster care legislation
- HB 2732 – Defend the Guard Act
- SB 275 – creating an Intermediate Court of Appeals
Lawmakers were among hundreds of West Virginians who boarded off-highway vehicles and ventured into the back-woods trails of Kanawha County last weekend. Randy Yohe reports.
Tune back in on Monday, Feb. 10 at 6:00 p.m. for more of The Legislature Today.