A second app from the popular series Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood – Daniel Tiger’s Day & Night.
Designed for children ages 2-4, the app is available now on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Later this fall it will be available for Android devices.
Daniel Tiger’s Day & Night helps kids learn basic morning and nighttime routines from Daniel Tiger as he gets ready for school in the morning and ready for bed at night. The app’s songs and games encourage kids to tap into their imaginations as they make believe with Daniel. There are eight games about morning and nighttime routines, along with Good Morning and Good Night strategy songs to reinforce those routines. There is also a built-in timer that can be used to help children stay on task.
Good Morning Games
- Get Dressed: Help Daniel get dressed in his red sweater. Then, imagine with Daniel that his sweater is a “Super Daniel” costume.
- Breakfast: Help set the table as Daniel gets ready for breakfast. Have fun topping a pancake and then imagining that the pancake can dance!
- Brush Teeth: Help Daniel brush his teeth by moving your finger back and forth.
- Shoe Time: Choose a pair of shoes for Daniel to wear and help him tie them. Then, imagine that his shoes can make him jump super high.
Good Night Games
- Bath Time: Help Daniel wash up before bedtime and pop silly soap bubbles together.
- Brush Teeth: It’s time to brush Daniel’s teeth again!
- Pajama Time: Choose pajamas for Daniel and create a pair of make-believe pajamas for him.
- Bedtime Story: In this imagination sequence, move Daniel through the clouds as his mom reads a story and sings a calming bedtime song.
The Daniel Tiger’s Day & Night App is available for $2.99 from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com/PBSKIDS.
Check out all the mobile downloads from PBS KIDS programs at http://pbskids.org/mobile/ You can search by program, age and device.