Roughly 6,000 people will pack the Charleston Civic Center as the expert appraisers from Antiques Roadshow roll into town to take a look at all sorts of family heirlooms, yard sale finds, and quirky treasures.
With so many people attending and so many events happening, here's what you need to know:
Friday's Schedule of Events
3:00 - 4:00 p.m.: WGBH and West Virginia Public Broadcasting staff training.
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.: Volunteer training.
6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Reception at the Downtown Charleston Marriott with Antiques Roadshow host Mark Walberg, show producers, and West Virginia Public Broadcasting staff and donors. (By invitation only.)
Saturday's Schedule of Events
6:15 a.m.: Breakfast for volunteers and staff.
7:00 a.m.: Doors open to ticketholders for appraisal event at Charleston Civic Center.
5:00 p.m. Appraisal event ends.
Parking and Other Information
Parking is available for Friday and Saturday's events at the Charleston Civic Center. Street parking at meters is also available downtown with 2-hour limits.
- You must have a ticket to enter the event.
- Each ticket holder can bring two items (and must bring at least one item). We do not prescreen ticket holders' items and cannot suggest which items ticket holders should choose to bring.
- If you contact a ROADSHOW appraiser regarding the item(s) you plan to bring to the event, then we cannot consider the item(s) for taping.
- Your item(s) must fit thorough a standard door.
- Vehicles, stamps, stock certificates, paper currency, coins, bicycles, tools, fossils,glass fire extinguishers, explosives or hazardous materials cannot be appraised.
- If you plan to bring an antique or vintage firearm for appraisal, please read important information in our FAQ.
- If you plan to bring a painting for appraisal, please be prepared for the possibility of an extra-long wait in line. You're welcome to bring a painting, but please keep in mind you may not have to wait as long for an appraisal of a different type of object.
- Please do not arrive more than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket.
- You must be able to carry or move your item throughout the event. We do not provide dollies or carts or assistance of any kind. You can bring your own cart or dolly as long as it does not have metal wheels.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as the venue has concrete floors.
- If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight and portable chair or wheelchair.
- Concession stands will be open and refreshments will be available for purchase at the Convention Center.
- The fun continues at the exit, where you can stop and visit our valued sponsors, and say hello to West Virginia Public Broadcasting.
Connect via Social Media