An ice business north of Beckley went up in flames, requiring three crews to extinguish the blaze.
The Register-Herald reports Home City Ice caught fire around 9 a.m. Monday, and all employees were evacuated safely.
Bradley-Prosperity Volunteer Fire Department Capt. Jeff Johnson says the blaze started between the wall and attic space of the aluminum-sided building.
The building sustained heavy damage, mainly in the roof.
Brian Penturff, operations manager of the facility, says within 15 minutes the entire roof was engulfed in flames. He says workers were removing items in the attic area when a spark struck dry wood, causing the blaze.
Penturff says some ice makers were destroyed in the fire.
According to the Home City Ice website, the business manufactures 5,700 tons of ice per day and operates 36 facilities across 13 states.