Statehouse Reporters Breakdown Both House And Senate Budget Bills
Host Suzanne Higgins is joined by Brad McElhinny of West Virginia MetroNews and Steven Allen Adams of Ogden Newspapers for a reporter roundtable featuring an update on both the Senate and House proposed state budgets.
Highlights from the interview:
- Details of SB 150 – Senate Budget Bill
- Details of HB 4021 – House of Delegates Budget Bill
- Status of the possible elimination of the IDD waiver waitlist
- Bills with large price tags:
- HB 4092 – foster care bill related to funding reimbursement rates for kinship care, foster families, providers
- SB 275 – creating an intermediate court of appeals
- SB 638 – providing dental coverage for adult Medicaid recipients
- Defeat of SJR 9 – resolution related to an overhaul of the personal property tax
- SB 657 – Harpers Ferry Tourism Bill; Hilltop House Hotel; allowing designation of tourism development districts, now heads to Gov. Jim Justice for consideration
On Friday, lawmakers praised the professionals who work with victims of domestic and sexual violence. Senators passed SR 59, declaring it Domestic and Sexual Violence Awareness Day at the Capitol. Several stood to praise members of the West Virginia Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
Randy Yohe spent the morning talking to members and guests of the West Virginia Coalition Against Domestic Violence, who gathered at the Capitol.
Monday on The Legislature Today, we'll pick back up with the budget process, and continue to follow the action in both chambers.