Reporter Roundtable Explores Ojeda’s Resignation, CTC Tuition Assistance Bill and Medical Marijuana
It’s Friday, which means we're joined by veteran statehouse reporters to discuss the latest action from the West Virginia Legislature. Host Suzanne Higgins is joined by Jake Zuckerman and Ryan Quinn of the Charleston Gazette-Mail and Brad McElhinny of WV MetroNews.
Highlights from the Interview:
- Sen. Richard Ojeda’s resignation and appointment of Paul Hardesty
- Latest on SB 1 – the community and technical college tuition assistance bill
- Education issues
- Budget hearings from various state agencies
- Medical versus recreational marijuana debate
- Repeal of the Business Inventory Tax
- A look at some of the bills that passed out of the House and Senate this week
- Looking ahead
On Monday’s episode of “The Legislature Today,” local Martin Luther King Jr. remembrances and a conversation with the President of the State Board of Education.