Tickets for Live in HD in-cinema opera performances on sale
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Mountain State opera lovers can purchase tickets now for The Metropolitan Opera’s Live in HD movie theater transmissions for the 2019-20 season.
Three West Virginia cinemas will show the productions live including Regal Nitro Theatre, Nitro, Cinemark Huntington Mall, Barboursville, and Regal Morgantown Theatre, Morgantown.
The Live in HD lineup includes all five of this season’s new productions alongside five thrilling revivals. The season kicks off this month and continues through May 2020. All shows begin at 12:55 p.m. and run times vary.
- Puccini’s Turandot: October 12, 2019
- Massenet’s Manon: October 26, 2019
- Puccini’s Madama Butterfly: November 9, 2019
- Glass’s Akhnaten: November 23, 2019
- Berg’s Wozzeck: January 11, 2020
- Gershwin’s Porgy and Bess: February 1, 2020
- Handel’s Agrippina: February 29, 2020
- Wagner’s Der Fliegende Hollander: March 14, 2020
- Donizetti’s Maria Stuarda: May 9, 2020
Local playbills are made possible by the Betty J. Herscher Fund for Cultural Programming and are distributed by the Friends of West Virginia Public Broadcasting. WVPB television also airs opera productions on various Sundays at noon. For specifics, go to www.wvpublic.org/tvschedule.
The Metropolitan Opera’s Live in HD series is made possible by a grant from its founding sponsor The Neubauer Family Foundation. Digital support is provided by Bloomberg Philanthropies. The HD broadcasts are supported by Toll Brothers, America’s Luxury Home Builders, and the HD Live series is supported by Rolex.
For more information, visit www.metopera.org/season/in-cinemas.