Local Foods Featured at State Park Dinners
A series of nine Farm-to-Table dinners are being planned at state parks across West Virginia. The series of events, planned between June 15 and September 12, is aimed to source more ingredients from local farmers.
Several state agencies and organizations are collaborating on the series, including the West Virginia Department of Agriculture, the Department of Natural Resources, and the West Virginia Farmers Market Association.
This is the second year the series of Farm to Table dinners will take place.
The dinners will take place at state park restaurants, putting locally grown foods and products on the menu from June to September.
Several of the events will have themes such as "Hoedown on the Hill" at the Chief Logan State Park and "Pickin-Pull" at the Pipestem park in an effort to teach people about their local foods.
Full list of Farm-to-Table events:
- Pipestem Resort State Park — June 15
- Holly River State Park — July 25
- Twin Falls Resort State Park — August 16
- Hawks Nest State Park — August 17
- North Bend State Park — August 22
- Chief Logan State Park — August 23
- Cass Scenic Railroad State Park — August 29
- Cacapon Resort State Park — September 10
- Canaan Valley Resort State Park — September 12