More than 150 Employers Sign-Up for Job Fair in Southern W.Va.
More than 150 employers, including Facebook, are looking for workers in West Virginia. College students, graduates and area residents who are interested in work opportunities in West Virginia are encouraged to attend a job fair in Raleigh County.
Facebook staffer and Beckley native, Christian Martine will give the keynote address. According to a release from the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission, Martine is expected to speak about his role at Facebook, the education and experiences he received to land his job, and what employers like Facebook look for in prospective employees.
This job fair is presented in partnership with United States Senator Joe Manchin, Workforce West Virginia and the Beckley-Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce. It is coordinated with the HEPC and its partners, Bluefield State College, Concord University, Marshall University, New River Community and Technical College, WVU Institute of Technology, and West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine.
The Job and Resource Fair is scheduled for next Friday, March 23 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center, from 11 in the morning until two in the afternoon.
For more information on the Center and the 2018 Job and Resource Fair, the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center's website.
Confirmed employer participants include the following:
- Aetna Better Health of West Virginia
- Air Evac Lifeteam
- Advantage Sales and Marketing
- Alpha Technologies (Hurricane)
- American Medical Facilities Management, LLC (Charleston)
- Arch Coal, Inc. (Beckley complex)
- Beckley Correctional Center
- Beckley VA Medical Center
- BB&T Bank
- Beckley ARH Hospital
- Beckley Police Department
- Beckley Sanitary Board
- Beckley-Raleigh County Health Department
- Bluefield Regional Medical Center
- Bluefield State College Admissions
- Bluefield State College Nursing Program
- BridgeValley Community and Technical College
- Boy Scouts of America Summit Group
- CASEWV, Right from the Start
- CareSource (Dayton, Ohio)
- Classic Carriers (Dayton, Ohio)
- Carl Larsen Cancer Center
- Central WV Aging Services, Inc.
- Children’s Home Society – Southern West Virginia Exceptional Young Emergency Youth Shelter
- City National Bank
- Citizen Soldier for Life Program
- Concord University Office of Admissions
- Coordinating Council for Living
- Council of Three Indian Rivers American Indian Center
- David Stanley Consultants, LLC and Stanhurst, LLC (Whitehall)
- Davis & Elkins College Veteran’s Upward Bound Program
- Digital Data Services
West Virginia's unemployment rate is 5.8 percent as of January 2018, according to Workforce West Virginia.