FEMA to Provide Additional Rental Assistance to Flood Victims
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has announced that it will provide additional rental assistance to victims of the June floods.
FEMA said that victims who have already received rental assistance who have not already received a letter and a form in the mail will receive one soon. Households must return the completed form in addition to the following documents to apply for assistance:
- Utility bills from before and after the disaster
- If the victim is a renter, a copy of his or her pre-disaster lease
- For renters or homeowners, a copy of the current lease or rental agreement signed by the person who applied for FEMA assistance and the landlord
- Rental receipts, canceled checks or money orders showing that the victim used his or her rental assistance to pay rent or a security deposit
- Income statements from before and after the disaster for all wage earners living in the household.
FEMA said that it has awarded assistance to more than 2,500 flood victims of the recent floods in West Virginia.