Huntington Apartment Tenants Return Following Weekend Fires
More than 100 residents of a Huntington apartment complex have returned after being displaced by fires.
Dennis Johnson, owner of The Flats on 4th, near Marshall University, tells The Herald-Dispatch that one fire Sunday started on the first floor and was electrical, while a second fire that started on the second floor was caused by an object thrown in a trash can.
No one was injured and most damage was limited to where the fires started. Residents returned to the building on Monday.
The building's smoke detectors didn't go off, and Johnson said he is in the process of having a new fire alarm system installed.