Delegate to Host Substance Abuse Forum
A panel of law enforcement, health and substance abuse specialists will discuss what's next in West Virginia's fight against substance abuse at the West Virginia Addiction Summit in Charleston Monday.
Hosted by Del. Chris Stansbury of Kanawha County, the panel includes:
- House Speaker Tim Armstead
- Supreme Court Justice Brent Benjamin
- DOC Commissioner Jim Rubenstein
- Joseph Garcia, Gov. Tomblin's Director of Legislative Affairs
- Kanawha County Judge Jennifer Bailey
- WVSP Captain Timothy Bledsoe
- BHHF Commissioner Vickie Jones
- President & CEO of Union Mission Rex Whiteman
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey
- Dr. Rachel Sowards
The forum will begin with brief comments by the panelists followed by a Q&A session where audience members are encouraged to participate in the dicussion.
The panel will be held Monday, June 1 at 5:30p.m. in the Culture Center Theater on the Capitol Complex in Charleston.
Stansbury will be joined by West Virginia Public Broadcasting's Ashton Marra as hosts and moderators of the discussion.