W.Va. Regional Jail Authority is Looking for Feedback
The West Virginia Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority is taking a road trip so Authority members can get feedback from officials across the state.
The Jail Authority is conducting a series of meetings over the next several months at the 10 regional jails to discuss jail costs.
In a news release, Executive Director Joe DeLong said having the meetings in the communities rather than Charleston will allow the Authority to not only discuss jail financing, but will also enable members to discuss things like customer service and relationship issues with local government officials.
Each meeting will start at 11 a.m. and will include a presentation on jail financing as well as a roundtable discussion.
The first meeting took place last week in Logan. The rest are scheduled between June and November.
- June 3 at the Southern Regional Jail in Beckley
- June 24 at the Potomac Highlands Regional Jail in Romney
- June 26 at the Eastern Regional Jail in Martinsburg
- July 17 at the North Central Regional Jail in Doddridge County
- Aug. 14 at the South Central Regional Jail in South Charleston
- Sept. 18 at the Central Regional Jail in Flatwoods
- Oct. 2 at the Tygart Valley Regional Jail in Elkins
- Oct. 16 at the Northern Regional Jail in Moundsville
- Nov. 6 at the Western Regional Jail in Barboursville