Job Posting: Electronics Technician
West Virginia Public Broadcasting is looking for individuals to fill two (2) full-time Electronics Technician positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general supervision, perform technical work assisting engineers or related professionals with the installation, maintenance, and repair of electronic and electrical equipment for the broadcast engineering department of West Virginia Public Broadcasting. Work would also involve completing engineering reports, calculations, field tests, inventory and implementing design. Work may be performed in difficult terrain, under adverse weather conditions. Positions will be headquartered in Weston and the eastern panhandle of West Virginia but will work with a statewide network. Travel is required.
- Knowledge of the principles of electronics and electricity
- Knowledge of the safety practices for working with electric circuits
- Use of electronic and electrical test equipment
- Disassemble and assemble electronic equipment
- Analyze equipment malfunctions, determine the parts needed, and the length of time for repairs.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings and circuit diagrams
- Safely work at high heights
- Keep routine records
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
Email the completed application, along with your resume, to Kristina Dodd at email@example.com, or mail it to:
600 Capitol Street
Charleston, WV 25301
Application must be received or postmarked by June 30th.
WVPB is operated by the Educational Broadcasting Authority of West Virginia (EBA), a state agency that offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The EBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.