Hey Appalachia lovers. We are starting a new summer series all about getting outside, enjoying wild wonderful recreational activities, and staying safe while having fun. We need your help! Please send us your hidden gems, outdoor favorites and organizations that are doing awesome things to help people enjoy the great outdoors. This series is not just about being outside in West Virginia. Please send us your eastern Kentucky, southeast Ohio, southern Pennsylvania and southwestern Virginia spots too.
These could be favorite spots for:
4. horseback riding
8. rock, tree or cliff climbing
10. great playgrounds for children
11. great sports fields for family reunions or other group gatherings
12. rentable pavilions for work retreats in healthy locations
13. four wheeling/ATVing
16. handicapped accessible trails
17. historical explorations (e.g., a battlefield that has Civil War reenactments)
18. "geocaching" locations
19. soaking and getting a massage in a hot springs area
We’d also love to hear about “women’s only” outdoor groups, free resources for kids and families, and adventures that are pet friendly.
Finally, if you have some awesome outdoor pictures this is also an opportunity to submit those and potentially see them published on our Facebook and Instagram feeds! To submit a photo email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, a caption (where the picture was taken, why you love the spot and any tips for visiting it) and a good phone number to reach you at in case we have questions.