Nearly $3.7 million has been awarded to health centers and rural health organizations across West Virginia.
The funding is aimed to help increase access to both substance abuse and mental health services. It’ll provide health centers with support to hire new staff, provide training, and to purchase health information technology.
This federal grant comes from the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is an agency under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
A total of 22 health centers in West Virginia received individual awards from the grant. Most of those organizations are taking home more than $170,000.
Both Sens. Shelley Moore Capito and Joe Manchin say the funding will help to further combat the opioid crisis devastating the Mountain State.
- $175,700 – Belington Community Medical Services Association (Belington, WV)
- $175,700 – Cabin Creek Health Center (Dawes, WV)
- $175,700 – Camden-on-Gauley Medical Center (Camden-on-Gauley, WV)
- $175,700 – Change, Inc. (Weirton, WV)
- $133,300 – Clay Battelle Health Services Association (Blacksville, WV)
- $175,700 – Community Care of West Virginia (Rock Cave, WV)
- $123,080 – Lincoln County Primary Care Center (Hamlin, WV)
- $175,700 – Minnie Hamilton Health Care Center (Grantsville, WV)
- $175,700 – Monroe County Health Center (Union, WV)
- $175,701 – New River Health Association (Scarbro, WV)
- $175,700 – Preston-Taylor Community Health Centers (Grafton, WV)
- $175,700 – Rainelle Medical Center (Rainelle, WV)
- $137,535 – Ritchie County Primary Care Association (Harrisville, WV)
- $132,121 – Roane County Family Health Care (Spencer, WV)
- $175,700 – Shenandoah Valley Medical Systems (Martinsburg, WV)
- $175,698 – St. George Medical Clinic (St. George, WV)
- $175,700 – Tug River Health Association (Gary, WV)
- $175,319 – Valley Health Care (Mill Creek, WV)
- $170,700 – Valley Health Systems (Huntington, WV)
- $175,700 – Williamson Health and Wellness Center (Williamson, WV)
- $175,700 – Wirt County Health Services Association (Elizabeth, WV)
- $175,701 – WomenCare (Scott Depot, WV)
Editor's Note: The original story stated an incorrect number of health centers to receive individual awards.